Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Building Confidence...

As you all may know, I've been at Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota for the past few weeks. I'm working as an evaluator/trainer for 22 college Air Force ROTC cadets. Some will be pilots. Some missileers. Some logistics officers....all are attempting to become Air Force officers. This, their 4-week "Field Training", is the greatest obstacle in their journey. Here are a few pics from the "confidence course" taken on Friday, 5 August.














Me (with back to the camera, hands folded behind back) supervising my 22-member "flight" as they contemplate traversing an obstacle.

















One of my cadets low-crawling through a trench. My instructions for this obstacle were simple: "GET THROUGH THE TRENCH AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE WITHOUT TOUCHING THE WIRE. IF YOU TOUCH THE WIRE, YOU START OVER!" Water to make mud courtesy of the base fire department.

















Taking a moment to find some shade and call Tanja and Lance. That's a a B-1 Bomber on the flight line in the background--that baby can go 900-plus mph (Mach 1.2 at sea level), and is capable of flying intercontinental missions without refueling!

















It hasn't been ALL work here: I was able to celebrate my birthday on the 5th thanks to the senior staff giving myself and the other Field Traning Officers an evening off. Somehow my office mate found out I had a birthday on the 29th and so treated me to cake! Mmmm!

And while I was hard at work in SD, Tanja was hard at play in TX:





Well, that's all for now. I"ll try and post again later when I have updates. Thanks for your prayers for myself, Tanja and Lance!

No comments: